Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Listening To Your Heart
                      I.             
I heed and listen to them.
I do not question what they say.
It really does not matter, it’s what you do.
My heart listens and follows them.
                     II.             
I heed and listen to them.
I look around, everyone else does the same.
I hardly question what I do, everyone does it.
My heart listens and follows with everyone else.
                     III.             
I heed and listen to them.
A person questions what they say, they’re different.
I question along with them what’s right.
My heart listens and follows to questioning.
                    IV.             
I question if I should heed them.
There are others who do the same, who’s side will I choose?
I fear I’ll be a minority, I will stand out.
My heart tries to listen and follow what’s right.
                    V.             
I choose to not heed them.
I know it’s not popular, but I still question.
There is no doubt in my mind it is right now.

I listen, and I follow my own heart.
Image result for listening to your heart

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the story of this piece. it had a great rebellious tone to it that I enjoyed. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete