Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Chased





Chased

                        The roar of the electronic low and monotone voice echoed in our heads, it was coming for us. Each footstep coming at an assumable rate, slow, heavy, and ground rumbling, the shattering of glass, grinding of metal being heard. My friend and I ran, we bolted for any crack or crevice we could hide in, but it was no use. It knew we were in the city, it knew there was no place we could run, nowhere we could hide. To and fro we ran, each time hearing it get closer and heavier, we ran to another building, another hiding spot. But the sounds kept coming, closer, and closer. Eventually we saw it, its luminous metallic body appearing behind a skyscraper. The creature continued to make giant strides towards us, we ran until our stomachs felt like churning themselves out. There was only one place left we could take shelter in, an abandoned parking garage. We bolted up the garage, thinking we could somehow find a corner it could not find us in. Its steps stopped. It was standing outside of the giant garage. It lifted the floors off, one by one, chucking them aside not caring where they went. We looked up straight into its face. There was no escape, it had found us, and we knew not of anything to change it.


Image result for terminator

1 comment:

  1. I loved all of the description in there. I really felt like, even with no background information, I already knew and loved all of the characters that are still nameless. I feel attached and I want to know more but at the same time its like I don't need any more than what I got.

    ReplyDelete